Collagen Induction Therapy
Ideal for smoothing fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, acne and traumatic scars. A sterile needle-tip containing 12 tiny micro-needles creates controlled skin micro-injuries, initiating the skin’s repair process to naturally produce collagen and elastin. Micro-channels created allow optimal absorption of topical products and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), enhancing effects in deeper skin layers.
What does it feel like?
Micro-Needling feels similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. Topical numbing may be applied prior to your procedure, but no anesthesia or medications are necessary.
What can I expect after a Micro-Needling procedure?
The skin will be red and flushed, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn for 12 hours to 3 days. You may also experience mild swelling, tightness, and/or mild peeling. Side effects are temporary and typically resolve within 3 days. Total healing time depends on the depth of the treatment, skin type, skin condition, and some patients heal completely in 24 hours.
What Results Can I Expect?
Combining micro needling with platelet rich plasma therapy can achieve natural looking enhancements to your complexion. Microneedling and PRP can treat a variety of different conditions, including sun damaged-skin, wrinkles, acne scars, and blemishes. Microneedling results are usually seen after 1 treatment, but 3-6 sessions are typically recommended for ideal improvements to skin texture.
When will I see the results?
Patients typically notice an immediate glow, but visible improvement will take about 2-4 weeks and can continue for up to 6 months.
How many treatments will I need?
A series of 3-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart is ideal for optimal results. Some conditions like deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks, and acne scars may need 6-8 treatments.
What is Pure Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
PRP refers to the platelet plasma found in your blood. Platelet plasma is the blood component known for healing and treating burns or skin injuries. When a PRP treatment is performed, a small amount of blood is taken from the patients
arm and placed in a centrifuge. The centrifuge then spins the vial of blood at high speed to separate blood cells from the platelet plasma. With the platelet plasma separated from blood cells, it can be injected into an area on the face to signal the new blood vessel formation, synthesize collagen and hyaluronic acid to improve your skin texture, tone, color and volume.
Although we use PRP for facials, it can also be used on other parts of the body.
Walk me through the experience
Your skin will be cleaned and prepared for the application of a local anesthetic cream, while nerve blocks may also be applied to sensitive areas to ensure you will be comfortable throughout the procedure. Blood will be drawn from the patient and put through centrifugation. The separated PRP will be injected through a syringe, to target specific problems. The treatment itself will not take longer than 30 minutes. We initially recommend 3 to 6 treatments, 4-6 weeks apart for optimal results. For maintenance treatments we recommend you visit us every one or two years depending on your skin type.
What are the Benefits?
- This new and innovative treatment has so many benefits and eliminates many worries with traditional facelifts or rejuvenation treatments.
- Completely natural – we use your own organic material to regain your skin’s vitality. No Botox, dermal fillers, just your own platelet plasma. Great for those skeptical of injecting artificial materials into their body.
- Little to no risk of injection side effects since it’s your own biological material so you won’t have to worry about an allergic reaction. You may experience some bruising, tenderness, swelling or redness near the injection site, but this will dissipate within a few days.
- No surgery, no hassle – a 30-minute, minimally invasive treatment that will have you in and out of our office in no-time.
- You can walk out immediately thereafter and resume day-to-day activities, depending how you feel about redness or soreness from the injection asrecovery time is little to none!
- The treatment also can smooth out wrinkles and lines! Gain a more youthful appearance with your own healing and growth factors!
- Smooth Fine Lines
- Eliminate wrinkles
- Improve skin laxity
- Reduce facial aging
- Restore a brighter, more radiant complexion
- Hide acne scars
- Minimize dark spots or hyper-pigmentation
- Reduces the appearance of pores
- Disappear the scarring from surgery or injury
- Reduce stretch marks